BOARD MEMBER POSITION DESCRIPTION
As a representative of the public and the Cave Run Symphony Orchestra Society, Orchestra Board members ensure that the Orchestra realizes its mission, fulfills its service to the community, and uses funds responsibly toward these ends. The CRSO Board of Directors consists of 9 - 11 members, who report to the President of the Board. Board members serve 2-year terms.
- Attend and participate in all Board meetings;
- Subscribe to and attend all concerts;
- Contribute personal financial support to the orchestra on an annual basis;
- Cultivate and solicit financial contributions from others;
- Serve on at least one Board Committee and accept special assignments as the Board President requests;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the orchestra - its history, mission, organizational structure, and artistic policy;
- Serve as an advocate for the Orchestra in the community.